We are seeking an strong IT Revenue Business Analyst with deep technical accounting background and experience working with ERP and Revenue recognition applications. The successful candidate will have good understand revenue recognition standards and its accounting implications and have a strong working knowledge of the ASC 605 and 606 (Revenue Recognition) guidance.
The qualified candidate will work closely with other members of the Business Systems, Accounting and GRO team as well as other groups to include Sales and Operations, Divisional Finance, Technical Revenue Accounting, and Order-To-Cash teams. This role will ensure smooth processing of transactions using Zuora RevPro Application on a day to day basis and will also be responsible for system configuration, data analysis, exception resolution and change management.
- Manage and support various aspects of automated revenue management with Nuance Finance teams such as:
- Revenue data collection, data validations and reconciliation
- Daily Inbound Data reconciliation (Sales Orders, Projects, Contracts and Invoices/Credits)
- Verifying the revenue release and Exception analysis
- Application Configuration working with IT
- Manual Deferral analysis and data uploads
- Provide details related to Allocations, Adjustments, Modifications
- Report reconciliation, Period lose checklist management
- Period Open / Close processing
- Work with Business Systems and Zuora support teams to resolve production issues in Zuora RevPro.
- Understanding different revenue recognition business scenarios and accounting policies.
- Support financial close activities and identify opportunities to automate and resolve recurring Production issues.
- Manage systems configurations in Zuora RevPro application.
- Support Revenue Reconciliation Process as needed and review revenue reports for accuracy.
- Support continuous improvement and optimization of existing systems and processes.
- Lead Conference room pilots and UAT sessions with finance and accounting users.
- Assist with User acceptance testing and issue resolution.
- Develop user requirements, functional specifications and test plan documentaton.
- Assist with User acceptance testing and defect resolution.
Education: Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or related field
Years of Experience: 5+ years of accounting or Finance Business analyst experience in a publicly traded company and/or public accounting firm with hands on experience with ASC 606 based software application.
- Strong accounting background
- Experience working with Financial ERP systems (i.e. Oracle, SAP)
- Extracting and analyzing data from Financial systems
- Practical experience working with ASC 606 revenue recognition standards - system operations and data processing
- Experience with transactional, and billing cycles
- Advanced Microsoft Excel experience (pivot tables, v-lookups, etc.)
- Excellent problem solving and communication skills.
- Enjoy working in a fast-paced, global environment.
- Zuora RevPro
- ERP - Oracle e-Business Suite R12.2.9 (General Ledger, Service contracts, Order Management, Receivables and Project accounting)
Job Type : Full-Time
Education Level : Bachelors Degree
Experience Level : Mid to Senior Level
Job Function : Finance
Apply at: : https://www.nuance.com/about-us/careers/job-description.html/Senior-Revenue-Business-Systems-Analyst/56761