Senior Sales Engineer
We’re Progress – we offer the best platform for building and deploying tomorrow’s applications quickly and easily. We are bold, forward-thinking innovators who build things that work and care about our customers. We invent and reinvent every day, work together as one, value and respect each other and cheer our wins. Join us as a Senior Sales Engineer for our Sitefinity group in our Bedford or Waltham MA office.
JOB SUMMARY :
Progress Software is currently looking for a Senior Sales Engineer for our Digital Experience team. As a “techie” by heart and a business person by occupation, you will identify customers’ technical needs and business objectives, develop a technical sales strategy and represent Progress solutions targeted for digital marketers, content managers, and next-generation digital experience professionals. You will work closely with sales account executives to win net new customers and partners as well as expand business within existing customer accounts.
WHAT YOU’LL DO IN THIS ROLE:
- Sales support including documented discovery, solution validation, standard and customized demonstrations, proof of concept/value and actions to advance and close sales opportunities and business partner initiatives
- Within assigned accounts, work closely with inside or field-based sales account executives to set sales strategy and manage the technical relationship for the account
- Outside of assigned accounts, work as a member of the SE team that handles requests from various Progress sales teams (product sales, renewal sales, services sales)
- Understand customer business challenges, needs, and objectives. Create presentations, demonstrations, software examples and POC’s that show how Progress can best meet their needs
- Evangelize - pay attention to relevant market trends and competition and leverage this to advise the sales team and customers
- Communicate technical and product feedback needs of customers to Progress product management teams
- Communicate business and technical requirements to Progress professional services team to maintain a high level of customer satisfaction
TO BE SUCCESSFUL IN THIS ROLE, WE NEED SOMEONE WHO HAS:
- Experience developing and/or promoting Web Content Management and Digital Experience solutions
- Industry knowledge around web site management, eCommerce, marketing automation, personalization and analytics, device and omnichannel digital touchpoints
- Awareness of integration techniques with backend systems such as ERP is a plus
- Awareness of Cloud infrastructure, virtualization and container technologies, SaaS delivery models is a plus
- Previous background as a Sales Engineer or in a technical customer-oriented position is required
- A degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Business Administration or similar
- Solid presentation skills and experience in the delivery of complex technical sales presentations which emphasize business value
- Energetic personality who enjoys working with people and helping customers
Here at Progress, we truly care about your employee experience. It is important to us for our employees to balance their work and home life, obtain viable options for their health and wellness, grow their career, and plan for financial success.
The Progress benefits package is designed to recognize the diverse needs of our work force. We offer a variety of benefits for your health care needs, including four medical plans that meet any need or budget. Take advantage of our financial benefits, including an Employee Stock Purchasing Plan and a 401(k) with a company match! In addition to a variety of options to continue your career growth, Progress offers a generous Tuition Reimbursement program.
Progress provides flexibility to our employees through Flexible Vacation Time, Flexible Hours, and telecommuting options. Take time to bond with your newest family addition through our Parental Leave options. Or celebrate you by enjoying a birthday holiday! You can even give back to the community through our community service time off.
Progress is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer!