Nuance has an exciting opportunity for a Senior Software Engineer to join a world-class team maintaining and evolving industry leading IVR & messaging platforms. The candidate will work on an Agile Scrum team to design, implement, and maintain robust and scalable IVR & messaging solutions, and will have a direct impact on the cloud-native evolution of platforms that millions of users interact with every day.
Principal duties and responsibilities
• Produce high quality and well-documented code for various platform components in multiple programming languages.
• Architect & build next-generation cloud-native IVR platform & messaging microservices.
• Collaborate with development and operations teams to design and implement cloud-native DevOps standards and CI/CD pipelines.
• Work collaboratively with support teams to analyze and resolve incidents for both on-premise and hosted deployments.
• Analyze product requirements and customer needs, to write both functional and technical specifications for application components as well as major features/versions.
• Participate in all phases of the software development cycle as part of a multi-functional Scrum team.
• Implement and maintain both unit tests and automated functional test coverage in collaboration with quality engineering Scrum team members.
• 7+ years of experience programming Java, C/C++ and/or C# .Net in multi-threaded applications,
• Experience designing, building and delivering cloud-native microservices,
• Extensive experience with IVR technologies including VoiceXML, MRCP, as well as ASR platforms and APIs,
• In-depth understanding of VoIP including the ability to debug calls using network packet captures,
• Ability to quickly learn, efficiently and flexibly work with various technologies in heterogeneous environments,
• Ability to scope work taking technical, business and time-frame constraints into consideration,
• Highly independent and capable of fulfilling multiple project commitments concurrently,
• Excellent technical analytical, debugging and problem-solving skills,
• Strong verbal and written communications skills and ability to interact with both technical and business people
Job Type : Full-Time
Education Level : Bachelors Degree
Experience Level : Mid to Senior Level
Job Function : Engineering
Apply at: : https://nuance.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/Nuance/job/Burlington-Massachusetts-US/Senior-Software-Engineer_100598-1