Senior Software Engineer in Test
The CB Protection Linux agent team is looking for a Senior Software Engineer in Test (SET) with strong programming skills to lead the design and development of the team’s automation infrastructure and expand automated test coverage. As a Senior SET on a Scrum team, you will have the opportunity to design and implement automation frameworks as well as create test suites based on those frameworks. You will also be able to use programming skills as an integral part of the development team to fix bugs and work side by side with other engineers. If you are a technically curious programmer with a passion for testing this role will provide you ample opportunity to grow professionally and make a meaningful contribution.
What You’ll Do
· Build and expand test infrastructure and automated test suites for the CB Protection Linux agent
· Collaborate with developers to find and fix bugs in the source code of our products
· Work with manual testers to identify and automate cases that can be automated
· Tie tests into the continuous integration framework, managing, monitoring, and reporting on continuous and nightly test runs
· Help drive quality for all deliverables on an Agile Scrum team
What You’ll Bring
· Minimum 5 years experience in Quality Engineering with at least 3 years focusing on test automation and test framework development
· Minimum 3 years experience with Python (Proficiency with C/C++ is a bonus)
· Strong technical test skills with a demonstrated track record of adopting and effectively using new tools and technologies
· Strong Mac and Linux skills, knowledge, and experience (including command line and shell/batch scripting)
· Kernel level testing/programming experience in a Mac and/or Linux environment a plus
· Experience with source control management tools, preferably Git
· Experience with continuous integration technologies (Jenkins)
· Experience with distributed enterprise level applications (client/server)
Why you should join us
Carbon Black is a leading provider of next-generation endpoint security, leveraging breakthrough prevention technology to instantly see and stop cyberattacks before they execute. With more than 14 million endpoints under management, and more than 4,600 customers—including one-third of the Fortune 100—the opportunities are massive and exciting. With 1,200+ employees, offices across the world, and the best-of-the-best tools for collaboration from anywhere, now is an ideal time to become part of the CB Team. See where you fit best at Lifeatcb.carbonblack.com.
Carbon Black, Inc. is an EEO/AA employer. Carbon Black is an inclusive employer that believes in workplace equality, supports diversity, creates a welcoming environment, and respects the unique qualities each individual brings to the company.