Sophos Overview – Cybersecurity Evolved
Sophos is a worldwide leader in next-generation cybersecurity, protecting more than 500,000 organizations and millions of consumers in more than 150 countries from today’s most advanced cyberthreats. Powered by threat intelligence, AI and machine learning from SophosLabs and SophosAI, Sophos delivers a broad portfolio of advanced products and services to secure users, networks and endpoints against ransomware, malware, exploits, phishing and the wide range of other cyberattacks. Sophos provides a single integrated cloud-based management console, Sophos Central – the centerpiece of an adaptive cybersecurity ecosystem that features a centralized data lake that leverages a rich set of open APIs available to customers, partners, developers, and other cybersecurity vendors. Sophos sells its products and services through reseller partners and managed service providers (MSPs) worldwide. Sophos is headquartered in Oxford, U.K. More information is available at www.sophos.com.
Performance Engineer drives the optimization of the Sophos Central webservices and websites, as well as designs, implements, and maintains performance monitoring tools that help enable other engineers to discover and mitigate performance issues in their code. The ideal candidate is someone who is full-stack engineer and has had hands-on development experience using contemporary open-source Java enterprise technologies, cloud-based technologies to manage and enhance tools for performance and infrastructure tools.
- Research, Design, implement, and maintain performance monitoring tools
- Work with development teams to design performance test strategies
- Execute component and system level performance tests
- Participate as part of a team in design and implementation, leveraging modern design patterns to achieve better performance, scalability, and overall stability of applications
- Analyze metrics and code to uncover performance regressions and opportunities for optimization, and work with teams across the organization to speed things up.
- Ability to work effectively with UX, PM, DevOps, QE and other developers to advocate for performance improvements
- Proven ability to find, troubleshoot, and fix performance issues that span multiple systems.
- Technically curious to stay up to date with advances in technology
- Experience with best of breed Cloud technologies (NoSQL, high throughput event processing, cloud-scale data analytics, etc.)
Skills & Experience:
- Fluency of Java, Groovy, Scala, or similar languages
- Experience integrating performance tools into CI/CD pipelines (Bamboo, Jenkins, Travis CI)
- Experience using performance tooling (Gatling, JMeter, SOASTA, Load Runner)
- Experience with real-user monitoring, synthetic performance monitoring and APM technologies (New Relic, Dynatrace, Catchpoint, Navigation / Resource Timing API, WebPageTest)
- Experience with AWS infrastructure tools like Terraform
- Problem solving, programming, and troubleshooting to manage and enhance performance tools
- Experience/Knowledge with Agile Software Development methodologies
- Excellent attention to detail
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to design and write high quality code
- Understand how products and technologies interface with each other and fit with the strategy and business needs
- Evaluation of technical and functional specifications and their cohesion
- Work well on a team
Sophos is committed to equality opportunity in all areas of its work. All qualified applicants will be treated in a fair and equal manner and in accordance with the law regardless of gender, marital status, race, religion, colour, age, disability or sexual orientation.
Job Type : ""
Education Level : ""
Experience Level : ""
Job Function : ""
Apply at: : https://careers.sophos.com/job/Burlington-Performance-Engineer-MA-01803/728795002/