Software Architect/Product Owner
This role offers you a rare opportunity to directly impact the energy industry alongside a team of passionate, creative engineers and entrepreneurs in a fun, dynamic innovation center. Shell TechWorks (STW) has developed a company-leading technology delivery methodology that blends systems and design thinking with state-of-the-art technologies and tools, to produce highly effective solutions for Shell. In addition to developing creative systems and products, you will also be part of a truly collaborative, inclusive, multi-functional team with a mission to help Shell produce more and cleaner energy.
This position is assigned to Shell TechWorks. For more information about Shell TechWorks, please visit their website: http://www.shell.com/global/future-energy/innovation/innovate-with-shell/shell-techworks.html.
The Software Architect/Product Owner at Shell TechWorks (STW), reporting to the Software Engineering Team Lead, will work in a growing multidisciplinary engineering team solving diverse problems in the energy industry. You will be responsible for overseeing the full lifecycle of software development, including prototyping, requirements development, design, implementation, unit testing, system testing, and deployment. You will also be responsible for representing the voice of the customer by understanding the customer’s needs and transforming those needs into deliverables ready to be used by the customer.
You must be self-motivated and should have a startup mentality: the ability to rapidly pick up new required skills and be proactive when it comes to project execution.
- Creates the product vision and roadmap and identifies new business opportunities with the customer
- Defines product requirements and creates high-level architectural specifications, ensuring feasibility, functionality, and integration with existing systems/platforms
- Communicates architecture designs with internal (software and multi-disciplinary project team) and external (other Shell stakeholders, industry partners, vendors, etc.) parties involved in our projects
- Drives software projects from concept to commercial delivery (internal sustaining, IP licensing, transfer to 3rd party, etc.)
- Oversees software development following our SDLC (Software Development Lifecycle) which includes:
- Agile sprint tasking and management using task tracking tools such as Azure DevOps
- Configuration management using Git and GitHub with GitFlow familiarity
- Writing unit and UI tests that run on a CI (continuous integration) server for each feature and regression
- Publishing software pull requests and performing code reviews using GitHub
- Strategic decision making for software commercialization within or outside of Shell
- Ensuring that a healthy, safe, secure and environmentally conscious work environment is maintained always and by all staff, in compliance with corporate policies and federal and state regulations
- Relevant engineering degree(s) with a solid understanding of computer science
- 10+ years of experience fielding software systems as a software developer and at least 3+ years of experience designing software systems as a software architect
- 3+ years of project management experience, including managing budgets, schedules and challenging project stakeholder dynamics
- Full stack design and development for:
- IoT Cloud Platforms (Azure or AWS)
- Gateways (Connected and Smart Things)
- Cross Stack Functionality (Security, Ontologies, Development Tools and SDKS)
- The following personal traits or abilities are critical for success:
- Willing to travel up to 10% domestically and internationally
- A mentor for the software development team as well as a consensus builder
- Able and drive to deliver on time, while working in a semi-autonomous environment
- Able to create and communicate an accurate schedule
- Willing to learn to work with the tools and solutions selected by the team
- Insatiable curiosity to understand and improve the state of art
- Creative and can think on your feet
- Able to work effectively and build relationships with all levels of personnel
- Exceptional communication skills, with an ability to present and discuss technical information in a way that establishes rapport, persuades others, and provides understanding of project related information to a diverse audience (engineers to executives)
STW invests in maintaining its inclusive, fun, and close-knit culture. We provide generous training and development opportunities for employees, in addition to competitive compensation, benefits, and paid time off. Every day we work to provide an environment where all employees feel valued and included, able to nurture their talent as individuals and as part of a collaborative team. A diverse and inclusive workplace, embedded in our principles of honesty, integrity and respect, brings together remarkable people and enables them to be themselves.
This role is based in a vibrant office environment located in Boston’s Seaport District. Cenergy International Services (CIS) is a dynamic company that supplies expert workforce solutions to the oil and gas industry, with offices around the world. This position is assigned to Shell TechWorks. CIS offers a generous compensation, benefits and vacation package.
Please apply directly to the position at https://shelltechworks.webhr.co/jobs/home/ by submitting a cover letter and resume for consideration.
Job Type : ""
Education Level : ""
Experience Level : ""
Job Function : ""
Apply at: : https://shelltechworks.webhr.co/jobs/home/