Sophos Overview – Cybersecurity Evolved
Sophos is a worldwide leader in next-generation cybersecurity, protecting more than 500,000 organizations and millions of consumers in more than 150 countries from today’s most advanced cyberthreats. Powered by threat intelligence, AI and machine learning from SophosLabs and SophosAI, Sophos delivers a broad portfolio of advanced products and services to secure users, networks and endpoints against ransomware, malware, exploits, phishing and the wide range of other cyberattacks. Sophos provides a single integrated cloud-based management console, Sophos Central – the centerpiece of an adaptive cybersecurity ecosystem that features a centralized data lake that leverages a rich set of open APIs available to customers, partners, developers, and other cybersecurity vendors. Sophos sells its products and services through reseller partners and managed service providers (MSPs) worldwide. Sophos is headquartered in Oxford, U.K. More information is available at www.sophos.com.
Sophos is seeking a talented, experienced Software Development Engineer in Test to join our Sophos Central team. As a member of the Sophos Central Software Development Engineer in Test team, you will be working directly with Development, UX, PM and other functional groups to ensure highest quality software development and releases for the Central product. We look forward to welcoming another fantastic member onto our team!
- Ability to partner effectively with Development, UX, PM and other developers to design and implement meeting the spirit of Quality Engineering standards
- Assist with writing and executing sound test cases against product features and functionality
- Identifying and implementing process improvements for Quality Engineering efficiency
- Participate in all phases of the SDLC from design to delivery on team projects
- Write test automation code to deliver against project timescales, quality and requirements in various languages for Sophos Cloud products
- Conduct technical presentations on Test Automation/Quality Engineering specific topics
- Conduct Unit, System and Integration testing and fixing errors, with guidance if required
- Define Test scenarios and Test cases to ensure quality of the team’s deliverables
- Ability to identify major issues and escalate accordingly
- Knowledge of web frameworks, such as Angular, ReactJS, NodeJS, and etc…
- Expert knowledge of industry standard testing techniques and best practices
- Very strong Quality Engineering skills in test execution, test planning, test case design, and test result reporting
- Experience executing or writing Test Automation that performs actions such as: HTTP Requests/Responses, query of remote databases, access and execute commands on external systems/VMs.
- Very strong verbal and written communication skills
- Very strong troubleshooting skills
- Good understanding of Linux or Unix Systems fundamentals
- Good understanding of Networking fundamentals
- Exposure to Cloud computing (AWS experience a plus)
- Experience in Agile Scrum SDLC environment
- Knowledge of Continuous Integration and Continuous Deployment SDLC patterns
- Strong multi-tasking skills and technical leadership skills
Sophos is committed to equality opportunity in all areas of its work. All qualified applicants will be treated in a fair and equal manner and in accordance with the law regardless of gender, marital status, race, religion, colour, age, disability or sexual orientation.