Solution Principal – Software Development
About Slalom Build
Slalom Build is a highly-scalable, high-velocity Build as a Service firm. We work with clients to close the distance between dream and reality, imagined possibility and technical realization.
We do this by blending design, product engineering, analytics, and automation to build the modern technology products of tomorrow.
Nearly 1000 builders strong in seven Build Centers across North America, Slalom Build leverages a foundation of innovation inherited from Slalom Consulting. We’re intensely proud to partner with future-focused clients committed to disrupting their industries.
Founded in 2001 and headquartered in Seattle, WA, Slalom has organically grown to over 6,000 employees. We were named one of Fortune’s 100 Best Companies to Work For in 2017 and are regularly recognized by our employees as a best place to work. You can find us in 27 cities across the U.S., U.K., and Canada.
Job Title: Solution Principal
Do you want to lead the design, development and delivery of innovative cloud, web and mobile applications while working on team-based projects? Would you like to help fuel a thriving software engineering culture at the best consulting firm on the planet?
If so, come join Slalom’s Build in Boston as a Solution Principal, and help build strategies and systems to help our clients solve their most complex and interesting business problems. As a leader within the practice, you’ll architect and build cloud-native, rich-internet and mobile applications and systems. You’ll also lead technology strategy, architecture & design, and development using cutting edge engineering and delivery practices. Finally, you’ll help us grow our practice: shaping solution offerings, developing thought leadership in the community, and leading teams.
The ideal candidate is invigorated by new challenges, seeks out new learning opportunities, leads from the front, challenges the status quo and builds other team members through technical and professional coaching.
- Meet with and evaluate client business challenges and help them evaluate and arrive at the best-fit technology solution work with the team to arrive at the best-fit technology solution
- Collaborate with delivery managers to assess work effort for a solution
- Work with highly skilled Slalom team members to design and develop cutting-edge solutions
- Design, document, and develop world-class enterprise applications leveraging the full spectrum of technologies and design patterns
- Collaborate with clients and business analysts to translate business requirements into technical requirements
- Assist with estimating work efforts required for each phase of a project
- Work on POC projects with cutting-edge technologies
- Travel Requirements: Willingness to travel up to 50%
- Multiple platform development experience
- Strong knowledge of Java EE technologies, including JSF & JSP; designing and developing using two or more of the Java frameworks: Spring, Struts, Hibernate, Maven, and application servers such as JBoss, Websphere, etc.
- Deep hands-on knowledge of the .NET Framework, including C#, ASP.NET, and SQL Server
- Bachelor’s Degree and minimum of 10 years’ relevant work experience in application development
- 2+ years of project management experience (milestone, status, progress responsibilities)
- 2+ years technical analyst experience writing technical documents and end user documentation
- Experience with architecting/implementing applications leveraging appropriate tech stack
- Experience with Agile project management methodologies
- Experience leading development teams through everyday project tasks, and collaborating across multiple functional/technical teams to deliver a project
- Mobile Applications - Android, iOS (Swift, Objective-C), or Cross-Platform (Xamarin)
- Non-Relational Databases - MongoDB, CouchDB/Couchbase, etc.
- Cloud Architecture – AWS / Azure
- DevOps, CI/CD