at Catapult Sports
Do you want to work for the world leader in elite sports performance analytics?
Catapult exists to build and improve the performance of athletes and teams at all levels of sport. The company has evolved from an Australian startup to a global leader in sports technology with solutions for every element of the performance ecosystem; from wearable tracking to athlete management and video analysis. Catapult is listed on the Australian Securities Exchange (ASX: CAT) and works with over 2,900 elite teams and institutes around the world. The company has hub offices in the US, Australia and the UK.
We offer software, analytics and services that enable sports organizations at all levels to better scout, recruit, teach and win. Our products can be found internationally at practice facilities and arenas, in meeting rooms and on the road, serving premier teams in the AFL, NFL, EPL, NBA, NHL, MLS, NCAA and more.
We want people who are passionate about sports and accounting
The Senior Staff Accountant is responsible for applying accounting principles and procedures to analyze financial information, prepare accurate and timely financial reports and statements and ensure appropriate accounting control procedures.
What You’ll Be Doing:
- Key player in month-end close and annual audit
- Prepare reconciliations of various general ledger accounts
- Analyze monthly balance sheet and income statement account activity and variances
- Assist with state reporting compliance
- Assist accounts receivable function with complex deals
- Weekly review of Accounts Payable invoices and expense reports ensuring proper accounting treatment
- Maintain Fixed Asset and associated depreciation ledger
- Answer accounting and financial questions by researching and interpreting data.
- Perform daily bank reconciliations
- Key contributor to the finance team interacting frequently with sales and operations
- Other special projects
What You’ll Need:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance
- Minimum of 2 years of related experience, preferable in software/SaaS
- Experience with Netsuite a plus, but not required
- Experience with Microsoft Office and thorough knowledge of Excel
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and perform tasks with minimal supervision
- Strong attention to detail; excellent organizational and communication skills
- Ability to maintain confidentiality concerning vendor, customer and employee files
- Team player who demonstrates strong interpersonal skills, professionalism and positive attitude
- Deadline-driven and solutions -oriented and thrives working in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to quickly learn new systems, processes and procedures working across a global team
Why You’ll Like Working for Catapult:
- We have amazing people. We can promise you will work with some of the smartest and most interesting people in the industry. We work hard but we always have fun doing it.
- We value development. We are a high-performance organization that is always challenging ourselves to continuously grow. That means we maintain a growth mindset in everything we do and invest deeply in employee development. You’ll need to be great to get hired here and we promise you’ll get even better.
- We care about you. We offer competitive compensation, time off and outstanding paid maternity and paternity leave. In the US, we offer a 401k plan with up to a 4% employer match.
- We want you to love where you work. We have great office spaces located around the world with state of the art equipment. Be aware, we have very competitive table tennis games in a couple offices so be prepared to play and have fun.
- We work with elite sports teams. Why wait until the weekend to be involved with your favorite sports teams? Every day you can make an impact with our clients who are some of the most elite teams in the world.