Technical Support Engineer I
Progress is currently hiring for a Technical Support Engineer level 1 to work for our Sitefinity line out of Waltham, MA office. This is great for someone who is newer to their tech career and looking for a great chance to learn/grow.
In this very technical role you will be a part of a product team and will be helping customers troubleshoot, develop and deploy bleeding-edge business solutions. You’ll be given the opportunity to learn the Sitefinity platform inside-out and will be working with some of the world’s leading Fortune 500 companies. As you work hand-in-hand with our customers, you’ll be among the first to hear their direct product feedback and will have the chance to influence the product roadmap.
What you will be doing most of the time:
- Work with client development projects to examine their problems and propose an appropriate solution - could be the case you come out with an extremely innovative solution which turns into a product/ feature implementation
- Liaise our customers with the product team - communicate bug reports and feature requests
- Come up with ideas for technical content – demos, blog posts, or anything that might be helpful for both current and potential customers
As our support is legendary and we pride ourselves for it, we are only looking for the best of the best. So are you ready to join us?
To be successful in this role you need to:
- Be willing to learn new technologies and eager to constantly improve your technical skills
- Be a great listener, have the ability to dig deep into an issue and have the skills to effectively troubleshoot and communicate with customers and colleagues
- Take ownership and manage customer cases and customer expectations effectively and professionally. Communicate clearly and precisely with customers to determine expectations for resolutions and provide workarounds to product defects;
- Troubleshoot and diagnose customer issues using a variety of resources, including documentation, knowledge base, bug database, source code, and the world wide technical and field teams via email aliases.
- Document technical information in online knowledge base and assist others to do the same;
- Identify defects on the product and enter clear and precise information on how to reproduce them using the bug tracking system. Provide additional information to Development as needed to resolve bugs;
- Learn new product features and technology.
- Participate in department wide projects such as councils and process improvements
- BS/MS in Computer Science (or relevant experience) and at least 1 to 3 years of knowledge/experience
- Developer background a plus
- Experience on cloud-based services such as Amazon Web Services and Microsoft Azure
- Experience with relational databases such as Microsoft SQL Server and Oracle
- Experience with tools such as Microsoft Visual Studio and SQL server management Studio.
- Spanish and/or Portuguese a plus
The product Sitefinity is an ASP.NET Content Management System delivering power without the complications. Designed with both usability and extensibility in mind, Sitefinity is engineered to make managing a website a positive, empowering experience. Because it’s built on a cutting-edge code-base, Sitefinity is best equipped to meet the long-term needs of today’s businesses, including tackling the fast-paced world of mobile.
If you are looking for:
- A chance to join a team and a company globally recognized for its cutting-edge products
- A constant stream of exciting challenges and a broad range of resources to solve them
- Informal, friendly and knowledge-sharing environment with open communication and smart people around you
- A dynamic opportunity for professional and personal growth enhanced through a large library, development programs, trainings and regular performance assessment
Progress is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer!