Technical Writing Intern
Job Locations US-MA-Burlington | CA-ON-Toronto
NetBrain is the market leader disrupting the network automation space. Our ground-breaking automation platform leverages the power of dynamic maps to provide CIOs and network teams with end-to-end network visibility while enabling adaptive automation across the organization’s physical, virtual and software-defined networks. Today, over 2,300 of the world’s largest enterprises and managed services providers leverage NetBrain’s platform to automate network documentation, troubleshooting, and change management.
“NetBrain’s success is due to our people, and over the years, we have been fortunate to attract top talent because of our unique culture and exciting mission to transform the network management industry.” - Lingping Gao, Chairman and Chief Executive Officer of NetBrain
GROW WITH US!
Netbrain Technologies is seeking outstanding students aspiring to become technical writers to work in a hands-on, paid internship. The Technical Writing Intern will work with cross-functional teams in the Software Engineering Department on internal product specification documents, technical manuals, and other customer documentation. This internship is ideal for individuals looking to experience a different challenge each day, see the inner workings of a growing company, and embrace a higher level of responsibility and accountability.We are looking for people who take pride in their work and have the energy and desire to make a significant impact in a small, fast-growing company.
- Excellent grammar, clerical and proofreading skills.
- Excellent organizational, planning and follow-up skills.
- Strong verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Problem solving and analytical skills Work on internal and external documentation for our products.
- Work closely with product, operations, and engineering to identify documentation needs and evaluate content for technical accuracy.
- Create new documentation by following internal guidelines and examples.
- Assist with script writing and execution of product demonstration videos.
- Must be a student pursuing a Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree.
- Must be good at taking instruction and working collaboratively.
- Must have solid communication skills, both written and oral.
- Must be able to operate in a fast-paced environment.
- Prior work experience and/or extracurricular activities with focus on writing or editing; for example, working as a writing tutor, or writing for a student newspaper.
- Experience writing or editing content with technical subject matter.
- Knowledge of computer programming basics and/or completion of some computer science/programming coursework.
- Experience writing and editing software documentation.
- Include a writing sample that demonstrates your ability to write clear and compelling documentation. Please do not submit any documents that contain proprietary or confidential information, as we will not be able to review them.
- REQUIRED - (Mandarin language fluency)
- Actively enrolled in a tech school or program focused on Engineering; Technical Communications, English or Journalism.
- Local candidates only