Vice President, Business Operations
The Vice President of Business Operations will drive strategic quality leadership, operational excellence and provide sophisticated counsel to the sales, customer success, and marketing organizations. Responsibilities include planning, reporting, forecasting and pipeline development and management, sales process optimization, evolution of sales training, sales program implementation, sales compensation design and sales enablement with technology. This leader will hold a seat on the Sales, Customer Success & Marketing Executive Leadership Team, responsible for the overall productivity and effectiveness of the global sales organization.
The role reports directly to the SVP of Global Sales and collaborates across the global organization. Strategically focused, this individual will work closely with internal and external stakeholders and oversee continuous improvements in operational execution, planning resource investments, and in-depth financial analysis to target growth opportunities for the business.
Reporting to: SVP of Global Sales
Location: Framingham, MA
What You will be Doing:
- Work closely with the sales leaders, customer success leaders, and marketing org to define and continuously identify top strategic priorities and accounts and how to best execute/drive continuous improvement
- Collaborate closely with Finance on pricing models and processes that support the Workhuman strategic plan and enable revenue and market share objectives
- Establish high levels of quality, accuracy, and process consistency in planning and forecasting and ensure efforts are appropriately integrated with other planning processes
- Proactively identify strategic opportunities for sales process improvement, removing all inefficiencies and inconsistencies. Facilitate a sales organization of continuous process improvement and efficient structure
- Monitor the accuracy and efficient distribution of sales reports and key metrics to ensure the right information is shared with the right internal personnel. Recommend revisions to existing reports/dashboards, or assist in the development of new reporting tools designed to enable success
- Implement enabling technologies, including CRM, to field and inside sales teams. Ensure sales team are using consistent best practices in maintaining their customer data in CRM.
- Together with the Sales Enablement Trainer, assist in evaluating and evolving sales training methods for field sales, sales management and inside sales groups. Help in incorporating best practices and develop measurements that enable a training program that delivers on development and reinforcing critical sales competencies and methodologies
- Coach, mentor and inspire a sales operations and enablement team, fostering career growth and continuous advancement
- Foster close, cooperative relationships with executive management, Sales leadership, Customer Success leadership, and Marketing leadership; driving consistency and cohesiveness throughout
The Skills You Will Bring:
Bachelor’s degree in business or equivalent. Master’s degree in Business & Administration highly preferred
12+ years of experience in a Financial Analytics/Business Operations role, in a SaaS software sales environment a must; with a demonstrated success in building and coaching an efficient Sales Operations & Enablement team (7+ years of people management)
Quantitative and Statistical Analysis skills a must – extracting key insights from large data sets, segmenting customers or behaviors into distinct groups which can be targeted for improvement
Exceptional analytical thought process – the ability to break down a complex problem into solvable components, and then finding the fact base to prove/disprove hypotheses about root causes of those components
Ability to define, refine and implement sales processes, methodologies, and policies
Positive attitude with a strong drive to continuously improve a sales environment
Knowledge of change management, communications, and training best practices
Hands on experience building valuable customer (internal & external) relationships
Breadth of experience developing/navigating sales reporting tools and technology
Established track records of conducting sophisticated and creative analysis of complex data and translating the results into actionable deliverables, messages and presentations
Who We Are:
Culture creators. Visionaries. Innovators. Game changers and changemakers. A Unicorn or two … That’s who we are at Workhuman®. We love what we do because we’re shaping the future of work – and the world – through our people and global technology. We’re building cultures of gratitude and human connections for leading global brands – and that starts with our own. Here you can be yourself, learn, and grow with some of the best people you’ll ever meet. Be inspired to do your best work, celebrate life’s most meaningful moments, and truly experience the benefits of an award-winning workplace and caring culture rooted in respect and gratitude. This is the place where you can make a positive difference to colleagues, customers, and the world every day. You might just be the next human we’re looking for – because all the things that make you human and unique are the very reasons you belong here!
Workhuman® is the world’s fastest-growing integrated Social Recognition® and continuous performance management platform. Our human applications are shaping the future of work by helping organizations connect culture to shared purpose. With a consistent stream of gratitude fueling unparalleled, provocative workplace data and human insights, Workhuman® Cloud is a critical software engine for global companies seeking to motivate and empower their people to do the best work of their lives. Workhuman® (formerly known as Globoforce) was founded in 1999 and is co-headquartered in Framingham, Mass., and Dublin, Ireland.
Workhuman® is used by millions of employees across 160 countries.
Our core values are; Respect, Determination, Innovation and Imagination.
We are #2 Great Place to Work in Ireland for the 2018 medium-sized workplace category and have been named one of the 2018 Top Places to Work in Massachusetts by the Boston Globe.
Check out our state-of-the-art offices in Framingham, MA and Dublin, Ireland.
Perks & Benefits for our Happy Healthy Humans:
- Comprehensive Health Plans
- Fully paid parental leave (12-week maternity/4-week paternity) effective day 1
- Peer-to-peer recognition program
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Commuter bus from downtown Boston
- On-site fitness center
- Wellness rewards and reimbursements
- Fully stocked kitchen (cold brew on tap - snacks and coffee machines as far as the eye can see…)
- Regular celebrations for employees, families and special guests