Reporting to Nuance’s EVP and Chief Strategy Officer, the Vice President (VP) of the AI Marketplace (“AIM”) (AI Marketplace for Diagnostic Imaging - AI for Radiology | Nuance) will lead all aspects of the strategy and day-to-day operational performance for this emerging and nascent business. The AIM is one of Nuance’s critical new business growth initiatives and is being incubated with a dedicated team within Nuance’s strategy organization in tight partnership with the GM of the mainstream diagnostic imaging business unit. This leader will have full general management responsibility for the development of this new multi-sided network business and will own the entire end-to-end strategy, product management, sales, R&D, operations, and P&L. The company's objective is to leverage its significant existing footprint in imaging with its market leading solutions including PowerScribe reporting and PowerShare image sharing platforms to build a multi-sided network platform for AI powered imaging that Drives Value to All Key Healthcare Stakeholders across Providers, Health Plans, MedTech and Pharma – Driving Better Patient Care and Lower Costs through Better Utilization Management, Companion Diagnostics and Clinical Excellence.
Measurement of achievement will be based upon building critical mass and scaling the AIM across the key market segments.
He/She will be considered successful through the achievement of the following:
Strategy & Vision
The successful candidate will be responsible for setting a clear focus and vision for the AI Marketplace line of business, both on a short and long-term basis. An immediate priority will be to further segment the market between provider, health plan, medtech and pharma clients and use cases/value propositions leveraging the detailed work done to date. Key objectives include further refinement of key market segment “sweet spots” to drive business focus and staging.
Product/Market Fit and Roadmap
A key priority for the new VP will be to perform a review and evaluation of the existing AI Marketplace product strategy/capabilities in response to current and recent market trends, challenges and opportunities, and inflight client engagements. The result of this review will be a critical component of the strategic operating plan with a goal of enhancing AIM product capabilities, service offerings and go-to-market strategies to ensure accelerated client traction, network expansion and overall financial growth.
Client Identification and Traction
The AIM VP will be responsible, with support of dedicated sales and business development teams, for driving new client traction within the key market segments of providers, health systems, medtech and pharma. VP is expected to be fully engaged in client pitches, closing engagements, and delivering promised value propositions.
Team Building and Relationships
It will be critical that the VP drives the development, staffing and maturation of the team responsible for the success of AIM. He /she will provide highly credible and inspiring leadership to drive innovation and a unified set of goals for the AIM team. It is critical that the successful candidate develop collaborative relationships across the organization, especially with the leadership team running Nuance’s mainstream diagnostic imaging business. Goals will be achieved through teams that report directly and indirectly into this line of business leadership role.
The VP will report to the EVP / Chief Strategy Officer of the Company.
Functional direct reports to this position include the following: Product Management and Business Development. Indirect functions supporting this line of business include: R&D, sales, customer success and back office functional support teams.
- Minimum 5+ years as a proven General Manager driving early-stage HIT, HealthPlan, MedTech or Pharma businesses through incubation to scale – solving for market segmentation, product-market fit, business model evolution and early client traction.
- Minimum 10+ years in Product Management, Marketing, Strategy in the Healthcare industry (HIT, HealthPlan, MedTech or Pharma), including experience leading across cross-functional teams and markets.
- Experience in leading business creation process in both early-stage companies and within incubation/innovation programs with larger organizations.
- A Bachelor’s degree in business management, engineering/computer science, clinical medicine, or related field; MBA strongly preferred.
- Background in diagnostic imaging business a plus.
- Strong proven operating experience and process for managing a high growth business.
- Be a vision-based leader who has demonstrated an ability to anticipate future business opportunities, deal with early market uncertainties, organize the pragmatic tactics and has subsequently driven achievement of stretch goals.
- Demonstrated success selling new solutions/new products to c-suite buyer personas within healthcare market.
- Be a strong team builder who rigorously assesses talent, develops team members to their fullest potential, and aggressively holds his/her teams accountable for results.
- Be an articulate and visible team leader and builder who communicates with passion, energy, intensity, and clarity.
- Bring passion, and a successful track record, for customer service and the "customer experience."
- Possess demonstrated experience with managing a dispersed/virtual organization
- Intellectual and Conceptual Agility: an individual who is exceptionally skilled at grasping the essentials of complex situations and is equally adept conceptualizing solutions that are translatable into executable business initiatives.
- Analytical: someone who can dive deep into the details while maintaining focus on
the big picture, allowing for the formulation of executable strategies.
- Organized: an individual who has a clearly defined approach for achieving results and can impart these attributes throughout the organization.
- Competitive: a person who possesses an innate desire to be the best and pushes an organization to achieve the same.
- Shape Strategy: partner with the Health Leadership executives to design an appropriate business strategy. Deep understanding of market headwinds and emerging trends.
- Inspire & Influence: can energize people, teams, clients, customers. Natural, engaging leader with an outgoing and compelling communication style. High integrity, honesty, and passion.
- Put Customers First: seasoned and mature; will inspire confidence in clients and build deep relationships built on customer needs and distinctive value.
- Build Talent & Teams: possesses the ability to create trust and following. Experience building and leading high performing healthcare teams and developing a talent pipeline. This individual must be highly respected by both subordinates and peers in addition to superiors.
- Drive for Results: focused on creating client-centric solutions that increase revenue and margin. Willingness to “roll up sleeves” and engage with team members to ensure outcomes. Focused on continual improvement, consistent revenue growth.
- Disrupt & Challenge: interested in identifying new manners of market penetration and solution selling. Unafraid to challenge norms.
- Lead Innovation: Willingness to collaborate across functional boundaries to contribute to broader business needs. Challenge his/her organization to experiment and scale.
Job Type : Full-Time
Education Level : Bachelors Degree
Experience Level : Executive
Job Function : Development
Apply at: : https://www.nuance.com/about-us/careers/job-description.html/VP-AI-Marketplace/57720