VP, QA Engineering (Network Security)
As Vice President of Quality Engineering for the Network Security Group you will be responsible for the quality of all network products which include Firewall, Web and Wireless products and quality of the processes utilized to build and deliver the products. These responsibilities include enabling, supporting, measuring and monitoring agile SDLC for the large Engineering team with focus on Continuous Integration and Delivery, test design, test automation itself along with test automation frameworks, automation/orchestration of the engineering processes contributing to the customer satisfaction. This is highly involved, hands-on leadership position for a candidate with a passion for quality, security, technology and innovation. The teams are located in Vancouver, Pittsburg, and India so some degree of travel is required. The position can be performed remotely so it is not a requirement to be based at one of the sites although advantageous.
Sophos XG firewall is a market leader and a leader in the Gartner magic quadrant. Combined with the endpoint Sophos is the only company that places in the leader quadrants for both endpoint and network. It also is the only vendor that has network and endpoint synchronized security where the endpoint and network co-ordinate security actions and posture. See more here : https://www.sophos.com/en-us/products/next-gen-firewall.aspx. Our business is rapidly growing outstripping the market. This is a great opportunity to help us drive the next levels of innovation and quality.
- Management for an international, highly skilled and motivated team of QE/Automation engineers
- Collaborate with QE teams to define, design, develop, document, and maintain the QE automation and test automation frameworks.
- Expand existing and develop new automation frameworks to support development and execution of automated tests
- Responsible for validating the end-to-end customer use cases
- Role Involves all aspects of QE: Functional, Stress/Scale/Performance, Regression & Automation
- Be the Custodian of product/feature release quality and continual quality improvement activities
- Plan and deliver New Feature Automation and improve product automation coverage
- Engineering management and technical leadership and mentoring to the QE team
- Active collaboration with Dev. teams locally and remotely in resolving product quality issues
- Drive quality into the SDLC as early as possible
- Coordination & communication with Stake holders, Engineering Partners at both USA and India
- Interfacing with Customers, System Engineers, Support Org and Product Management teams
Skills & Experience
- Knowledge and wide application of the software engineering, DevOps and quality assurance principles, theories, concepts, tools, and working knowledge of other related fields along with the hands-on experience in driving design, development and implementation of quality strategy.
- Demonstrable experience in managing QA/QE and DevOps organization and processes, solid understanding and working knowledge of the CD/CI concepts, automated testing, configuration management, automating IT infrastructure and software application deployment pipelines.
- Ability to evaluate/improve existing and propose new engineering processes, standards and best practices. Can demonstrate past success in building quality processes throughout an organization and a strong track record of quality improvement
- Ability and desire to act as QA/QE Architect guiding and contributing from design to implementation at various levels of testing including unit, functional, structural, performance, scalability, interoperability and qualification.
- Experience in driving operational excellence and efficiency (product and process) based on properly identified, collected and analyzed metrics and trends.
- Ability to contribute and influence at all phases of the SDLC – from requirements definition to maintenance along with the cross-functional collaboration (Product and Program Management, Support, Sales, Professional Services, Finance)
- Applied/formal project management skills in planning, sizing, effort estimates, tracking, and reporting on project progress
- Ability and experience in formal supervision, hiring/retaining, coaching, mentoring, and guiding of the SDET-type teams including identification and facilitation of training and development opportunities for staff to enhance knowledge and expertise, keeping up with the rapidly changing technologies used within the company and by the overall industry. Formal and informal conduct of performance reviews and assistance in career development plans for staff. Develop leadership and technical expertise in QA/QE, drive a cohesive and highly productive culture in the organization, enable world-class talent acquisition, development and retention
- Extensive QA/QE track record in innovation and delivering high quality complex products.
- Experience with the technology stack which includes Java, C, linux, webservices and technologies, Python, AngularJS
- Experience with software/cyber security, firewall and security testing is a big plus.
- Experience with hardware appliance and software (virtual image) testing is a big plus.
- Experience with WIFI testing an advantage
- Knowledge/experience working with AWS and/or Azure is strongly desirable.
- Networking domain knowledge: TCP/UDP, Routing and Switching protocols
- Working experience on virtualization technologies such as KVM, Hyper V, ESXi and OpenStack
- Experience working with CI/CD tools such as GitLab, Jenkins, Bamboo and building test automation into CI/CD pipelines
- Great organizational skills, resourcing and budget planning skills
- At least 10 years’ experience in leadership position
- Experience working in an Agile Development environment
Sophos is committed to equality opportunity in all areas of its work. All qualified applicants will be treated in a fair and equal manner and in accordance with the law regardless of gender, marital status, race, religion, colour, age, disability or sexual orientation.
Job Type : Full-Time
Education Level : ""
Experience Level : ""
Job Function : ""
Apply at: : https://www.sophos.com/en-us/company/careers.aspx