Discover Tech Boom Boston: Career Fair & Learning Experience
Monday, October 2, 2017 (4:30 PM - 8:30 PM) (EDT)
Looking for a job? Curious what companies and careers are out there? Come and meet the rock stars that are making innovation happen at Discover Tech Boom Boston: a FREE Career Fair and Learning Experience!
Here you will have the opportunity to:
- Network with leading tech companies
- Explore job opportunities
- Attend exclusive professional development sessions
- Understand the Boston tech scene
- Get your Resume reviewed from hiring companies
You don't want to miss this opportunity to accelerate your job search and get tips and tricks from professionals!
The Startup Institute will be powering learning sessions to help you get up to speed on your career in the tech industry. These sessions will cover:
4:40 Understanding the Boston Tech Scene
5:00 What Should and Shouldn’t be in your Linkedin Profile
5:20 Sales Isn’t Evil - How to make good money early
5:40 Can I really Code? How to use your experience to break into the tech scene
6:00 Fit for Culture is as important as Fit for Function
6:20 Startup, Rapid Growth, & Enterprise: What does it mean to an employee?
6:40 Evaluating an Offer: What you should consider before accepting
7:00 - 8:00 Lastly, we will finish out the day with a keynote workshop, Communicating for Impact, led by Startup Institute COO, Peggy Yu. Have you ever struggled to find the right words to communicate your perspective? Perhaps you have found it hard to work effectively with a peer. Or, maybe you have been misunderstood in the workplace and want to bridge that gap.
No matter what your experience, there are mental models and social exercises that can help you to better articulate yourself and to understand your audience. Through these practices, you will bring clarity to your conversations and become an effective communicator with many different personality types. In this session we will cover:
- Different communication styles and why you should care about them
- How to identify your own dominant communication style(s)
- How to identify the communication styles of others
- How to use case studies and role-playing in order to cultivate new communication styles
- How to take control of an interpersonal dynamic by leveraging your new-found skills
CIC Boston 50 Milk St, 20th Floor
Boston, MA 02109