Essential Today, Essential for the Future: Latinos and an Equitable Labor Market Recovery
Friday, October 15, 2021 (12:00 PM - 1:00 PM) (EDT)
The Massachusetts Business Roundtable is partnering with The Federal Reserve Bank of Boston, the Executive Office of Labor & Workforce Development, Conexión, and Inquilinos Boricuas en Acción (IBA) for an upcoming virtual event we thought would be of interest to you, your members, and broader network in the business community. Please join us on Friday, October 15th at 12:00 PM for “Essential Today, Essential for the Future,” a webinar that will discuss the contributions of the Latino community during the pandemic and how to create an equitable labor market recovery now and for the future.
You and your network can learn more about “Essential Today, Essential for the Future” webinar, register, and find the schedule for the event here: https://bit.ly/3kA82jP.
The underlying economic inequities in Massachusetts have been uncovered and magnified as we’ve faced the challenges of a pandemic this past year and a half. Essential Today, Essential for the Future will convene thought leaders (see speakers below) to understand the contributions made during the height of the pandemic by Latino workers – many of whom were deemed essential and kept vital services running. Through this lens, we will examine how and why an equitable labor market recovery for Latinos in Massachusetts is essential, now and in the future.
We hope you can join us, and we encourage you to share this invitation with your members and network.
“Essential Today, Essential for the Future” Speakers include:
- Charlie Baker, Governor, Commonwealth of Massachusetts
- Phyllis Barajas, CEO and Founder, Conexión - Advancing Latino Leadership
- Juan Fernando Lopera, Chief Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Officer, Beth Israel Lahey Health
- M. Lee Pelton, President and CEO, The Boston Foundation
- Mahesh Ramachandran, Chief Economist, Economic Research Division, Executive Office of Labor and Workforce Development
- Bob Rivers, CEO & Chair, Eastern Bank
- Prabal Chakrabarti, Executive Vice President, Federal Reserve Bank of Boston