Leadership Skills for Engineering and Science Faculty
Monday, July 10, 2023 8:00 AM - Tuesday, July 11, 2023 5:00 PM (EDT)
Master a range of strategies for overcoming challenges that commonly arise within technical academic environments in this highly experiential on-campus program. With the guidance of renowned MIT faculty, you’ll engage in role-playing activities and self-assessments designed to help you enhance your leadership acumen—and boost the productivity of your research team.
You’ll emerge from this dynamic, two-day course able to:
- Recognize and describe your own brain-dominance profile and how it affects personal leadership style and effectiveness
- Apply the skills of visioning and mentoring to create opportunities for yourself and others
- Utilize situational-leadership concepts to address the various challenges you will encounter when teaching students in an academic environment
- Define and use techniques and approaches for conflict management and for handling interpersonal dynamics more creatively
- Understand and articulate how leadership styles affect research, education, and the learning process
Did you know that as a Mass TLC member, you can receive a discount on MIT Professional Education - Short Programs and Digital Plus Programs? Use the MassTLC10 code at the time of registration to receive a 10% discount.
Register and learn more: https://bit.ly/3SN8lFz.