Predictive Multiscale Materials Design
Monday, June 12, 2023 8:00 AM - Friday, June 16, 2023 5:00 PM (EDT)
Join the cutting-edge of intelligent material design and discover how to integrate advanced technologies to drive the development of next-generation smart materials. In this condensed five-day course, you will participate in hands-on clinics and labs designed to help you optimize your smart material design and manufacturing through the use of large-scale computational modeling, material informatics, and artificial intelligence/machine learning.
Alongside MIT experts and a cohort of accomplished peers, you will learn to:
- Master cutting-edge computational tools that range from multi-scale modeling to machine learning and artificial intelligence. In labs and clinics, you will:
- Design and carry out multiscale modeling
- Embed the models into AI systems using state-of-the-art deep learning approaches
- Explore experimental techniques that probe, understand, and can be used to design the ultimate structure of materials—from atoms upwards
- Use design tools to predict mechanical properties—such as strength, toughness, deformability, and elasticity, as well as optical, thermal, and electronic properties—and learn to predict material failure of 3D printed designs
Did you know that as a Mass TLC member, you can receive a discount on MIT Professional Education - Short Programs and Digital Plus Programs? Use the MassTLC10 code at the time of registration to receive a 10% discount.
Register and learn more: https://bit.ly/3DMSKS7.
MIT Professional Education