Webinar: Patent Basics for the Generalist In-House Counsel
Tuesday, September 18, 2018 (12:30 PM - 1:30 PM) (EDT)
What does the generalist in-house counsel need to know about patents and patent litigation? Protecting, exploiting, and enforcing new ideas and inventions are key considerations for any company. What types of ideas can be protected, and what are the best practices for protecting them? How are patents asserted in a dispute, and what claims can be made against accused patent infringers?
Foley Hoag LLP will present a 60-minute webinar on Tuesday, September 18 at 12:30 pm EDT offering guidance for in-house counsel on patent law, including the basics of what can be patented in the United States, what should be kept as trade secrets, how to establish a patent protection program, how patent applications are examined, and how to prepare and manage patent litigation.
- Topics to Be Discussed:
- What sort of inventions are patentable
- Differences between patents and trade secrets
- The patent application process
- Employee agreements and documentation for inventions
- Overview of patent litigation
- Responding to demand letters
- Recent patent developments
- Philip Swain, Partner, Patent, Trade Secrets & Related Rights Litigation Practice, Foley Hoag
- Raj Vallabh, Counsel, Patent Rights Strategy & Management Practice, Foley Hoag
- Jennifer Blount, Associate, Patent Rights Strategy & Management Practice, Foley Hoag